Our makejsgames.com site consists of several pieces.
- Each article, which lives on docs.replit.com
- The website, which links to the individual articles.
- The ebook, which has its own GitHub repository and is built using LeanPub.
This explains how to update each component.
Updating the book
To add a new chapter:
- Copy the markdown content from the version in the GitHub docs repository
- Create a new markdown file in the
manuscriptfolder of the Book's GitHub Repository, following the naming convention of the other chapters, and add the markdown copied in step 1.
- Fix the images. You need to add the full URL to the path on the Replit docs. See the existing chapters for exmaples.
- Replace any gifs or mp4s (animated images) with a single frame png file. See How to extract PNGs from GIF or MP4.
- Add the pngs to the
resourcesfolder and reference them in the Markdown file using a relative reference (see the existing chapters for examples).
- Add a footnote and a link to the gif/mp4 file online (see the existing chapters for examples)
- Open a pull request to the GitHub repository.
- Send a message in #ritza-replit on Slack to indicate you've done it.